Happy New Year! I’m hoping everyone has had a great holiday and start to the new year. If one of your goals is to get healthy, I highly suggest a paleo cleanse. You can get all of the information you need at www.poshpaleo.com Then, come back here for some tips and recipes along the way.
- Prepare- when I say prepare I don’t just mean meals. Yes, being prepared with fresh food or prepped meals makes it much easier and basically fool proof but you have to be mentally prepared as well. Be confident in yourself that you can make it through the week. It’s 7 days….7. Plan a cleanse around events or things that may get in your way of success. Trust me, you can do it and with your mind ready you can conquer anything thrown your way. When I did my first cleanse I was ready to make a change in my life. I was comfortable with 7 days because it was so achievable. 21 or 30 days just seemed so long, but I surprisingly continued past 7 days and ended up losing 18 pounds over a 3 month period. I wasn’t deprived of anything because I wasn’t craving it. It was a perfect jumpstart into a new lifestyle that was attainable.
- Stay busy- for me, when I’m running errands or doing things around the house I don’t think about eating. Time flies quickly. Go for a walk or get lost in a book. If you have kids, that may not be the easiest thing to do, but kids love walks and playing outside too.
- EAT- follow the guidelines of the cleanse and make sure you’re eating enough. If you take it upon yourself to cut back because you think you’re eating too many calories or just eating too much in general, you’re not. It’s not HOW MUCH you’re eating this week, it’s WHAT you’re eating. And don’t let anyone criticize your plate 🙄 my husband is notorious for saying I eat too much. (I Criticize him for eating too little and junk 🤷🏻♀️) Don’t let it get to you, your body needs fat to fuel you. Humans were meant to eat this way, not sugar laden carbs that only fill you for 10 minutes then make you feel like you got hit by a bus (that’s what it does to me, anyway)
- Hydrate- how many times have you thought you were hungry and had a drink and then you weren’t so hungry? None? Maybe so, but it does work. Water is key, but if you’re used to a 3pm soda, have a tsp of apple cider vinegar mixed with 8oz of water. It gives it slight carbonation and may satisfy that fizzy void. It’s not a face cringing flavor with that ratio. Otherwise, unsweetened almond milk with nutmeg and cinnamon is a nice “nightcap”.
- Don’t give up- just don’t. Keep going. This cleanse is extreme but it WORKS. Push through the wants and the sugar addiction because that’s what it is ; addiction to sugar. You’ll thank yourself that you did. You, and only you, control what you put in your mouth. (Again, if you have children, that statement is about 99% correct). Pay attention to your body and be mindful of what you’re feeling. Get past the tough times because there will be some. It’s worth it, I promise.